Courses on offer
The courses offered by the SOWI-Zentrum für Wirtschaftssprachen are free of charge and are mainly geared towards the needs of the faculty students. However, students from other faculties who wish to pursue an international career are also welcome.
The language qualifications gained are a real bonus in the international job market. No matter what their original academic program me, job-seekers with proven foreign language competence enjoy greater flexibility and are well-prepared to meet the demands made on people in top positions around the world.
The courses offered by the SOWI-Zentrum für Wirtschaftssprachen are free of charge and are based on the levels of the Common European Framework for Languages (CFR). The required entry level for English is B2, and for all other languages A2.
A characteristic of the courses on offer is the broad range of business topics dealt with. Amongst other things, the teaching covers the following:
- a focus on the specialized language needed in the world of business, economics, finance etc. and related disciplines;
- additional coverage of points of grammar, phonetics etc. where necessary or appropriate;
- communication skills in a business context;
- reading, listening, writing skills in a business context;
- cultural competence (includes coverage of the specific values or peculiarities of a language group)
Mo – Fr: 9:00 – 12:00
during lecture period also
Mi, 14:00 - 15:00